The SX218 achieves the ultimate in subwoofer performance for the most demanding applications – delivering very high output levels and superb transient performance with minimal distortion.
With an operating range of 35Hz-150Hz ± 3dB, it houses dual 18” long-excursion (460mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil drivers with water-resistant cones and triple roll surrounds. Each driver is rated to handle 1000 watts AES, and has a magnet structure and suspension engineered for maximum linear excursion.
The enclosure is constructed from multi-laminate birch ply and finished with a durable polyurea coating. Eight reflex ports provide a large frontal area to reduce turbulent air noise, and a perforated steel grille protects the drivers from damage. SX218 features a M20 pole mount insert for added versatility in deployment.
The product is supplied as standard without cabinet wheels, but they are available as an accessory.
By adding the input board cover accessory, SX218 is fully weather resistant and suitable for permanent outdoor usage.
MARTIN AUDIO SX218 Features
- Dual-driver, direct radiating subwoofer
- 2 x 18” (460mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite magnet, waterproof cone
- Very high output capability
- Tour-grade plywood enclosure with flying inserts
- Touring sound reinforcement for small and medium-size venues
- Fixed installations in concert halls, theatres, ballrooms and HoW
- Sports stadium, arena installations & corporate AV events
- Outdoor restaurant, bar and hotel entertainment areas
- Concourses and Theme Parks
Specifications of MARTIN AUDIO SX218
- Type: Dual-driver, direct radiating subwoofer
- Frequency Response:
- 35Hz – 150Hz ±3dB,
- -10dB @ 30Hz
- Driver: 2 x 18” (460mm)/4” (100mm) voice coil, long excursion, ferrite magnet, waterproof cone
- Rated Power: 2000W AES, 8000W peak
- Sensitivity: 105dB
- Maximum SPL: 144dB
- Nominal Impedance: 2 x 8Ω
- Dispersion (-6db): Omnidirectional/or Cardioid (paired)
- Connectors: 2 x NL4 type
- Pin Connections (Input) LF1: 1+, 1- LF2: 2+, 2-
- Pins Connections (Link) LF1: 1+, 1- LF2: 2+, 2-
- Two skids on base, with mating channels on top
- 24 x M10 mounting points
- 4 x bar handles, 2 on each side
- 4 x fittings for optional transit cover
- M20 Pole mount insert
- Dimensions (Incl Skids)
- (W) 1085mm x (H) 537mm x (D) 792mm
- (920mm including castors)
- (W) 42.7in x (H) 21.1in x (D) 31.2in
- (36.2in including castors)
- 98.5kg (217lbs) w/o castors
- 102kg (225lbs) with castors